Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My Gmail draft was accidentally discarded when I was

Customer Question
accessing Gmail through my phone...
My Gmail draft was accidentally discarded when I was accessing Gmail through my phone app.All solutions online seem to apply only if you accidentally discarded the draft while using your desktop computer.Some suggestions included the following:-quickly put your phone setting on airplane mode and open your G-mail, but that would only work if the G-mail app was already opened in drafts and had not been updated-click the "Undo" button that appears at the top of the screen once you accidentally discarded the draft, but that option was not available on the G-mail phone app.-hit the back button, but because I was using my Gmail phone app it just took me out of the app entirely and when I re-open the app it reloads and refreshes so there was no going back-downloading a free tool to read process memory: "Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor" or "HxD" for short from Cnetdownload.com that scans the browser process memory for the discarded draft, which can only work if you have not yet closed the Gmail browser tab, and if the process memory has not yet been overwritten or reclaimed. Also, there must be some reasonably unique words in the text you are looking for to find the draft, and again this only seems to work if the accident of deleting the Gmail draft took place on your Desktop as these options are probably not available for the G-mail phone app.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

The only thing that can be done is filling out the details under the link provided.

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/bugs?ctx=bugflow_receive31

Once you fill out the details, Gmail team will try to recover your deleted emails, Draft emails in the next 0-6 hours.

Also, please check out the link given at gmail helpline: Click Me

This is all can be done in this case. We ar Justanswer team and independent tech support service provider. I hope you understand.

Thank you very much.

Regards, Sandy

Is this the only solution? Because I already did this and they were not able to help me.
If I were to do the "Securely Connect" Option, is there a way you could recover the G-mail draft by a different means?

Do you check your emails using your email client like Microsoft outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or your browser like chrome, firefox or internet explorer.

Chrome Browser. However, the draft was discarded by accident on my phone using an app to access G-mail.

I am sorry, there is no other way. I have checked it.

The Gmail recovery form is the only option in case, you check your emails using web browser like chrome.

However, if you check emails using an email client on the computer, then, you can install recovery software like Recuvato find deleted emails. But this not applicable in your case.

M job is to provide you honest and truthful information. I hope you understand.

Regards, Sandy

Yes, I have checked the screenshot and it is telling the same thing. Gmail cannot recover permanently deleted emails/drafts.

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by(scrolling up) and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit)., that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Sandy

I do use and am currently using my desktop computer to access my G-mail account through the Chrome Browser but when the g-mail draft was accidentally discarded it occurred on the G-mail app on my phone. With that being said recovery software like Recuvato will not be able to help right? Especially since it was a G-mail draft and not an actual deleted e-mail.

I am sorry, "Recuva" cannot be used it in this case.

I suggest you to configure your email account(with POP settings) with free email client like Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer to avoid such things in future.

You can download and install Mozilla Thunderbird under the link given here:

Click Me

Regards, Sandy

Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist