Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have email at This morning I received a bunch of email.

Customer Question
I have email at***@******.***...

I have email at***@******.*** This morning I received a bunch of email. Around 9:30, my email stopped receiving. I was on the phone with a recruiter, and nothing he sent to me has come in. I forwarded those emails from another account of mine, and they have not come in. Is there a system problem? Everything was fine earlier today

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Sorry... Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Nothing I know of, and no changes for at least 2 weeks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/28/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Did you login into your Verizon mailbox via web at mail.yahoo.com and check if the emails are actually received at the server, or not? This will help us determine where the problem is, at your Outlook program's side, or the server's side. Thanks.
The email was Not on the web nor on Outlook.
Several known emails (tests from others, etc.) were lost, and a few just showed up about 4 hours later.
Frank
Okay. Did the senders' side receive any notification telling email not delivered or bounced back? However, this kind of notification will not appear in a few hours, such as 4, as the senders' system is still keeping trying to send. To expect receive non-delivery note up to 24 hours.
In the meantime, I would suggest to check is the senders' IP addresses have been blacklisted for the incoming server for some reasons.
No. No email bounced, and subsequently, email is going in and out.
This is not the first time that this has happened. It blocks virtually everything for an hour or 2, then it starts working again without any trace of the missing emails.
If this is the case (Intermittent, no missing email), this suggests something interesting is in the middle, probably on the sender's server(s) or incoming server(s) or even between the two parties. A email header will be helpful for investigation. Please get the Internet header of an email which was ever delayed then finally delivered as far as you know. Thanks.
Please close this.
It's working fine now. I'll keep an eye on it.
Thanks
Frank
Good to know. Can you please kindly accept my comment to close this question and rate my service. Thanks.
I accept. Thanks.
Thanks