Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I keep getting a Gateway Error - Time out - I've tried

Customer Question
I keep getting a...

I keep getting a Gateway Error - Time out - I've tried Safari and Chrome and no luck

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Browser

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No I've used AOL for over 20 years - this is a recent accordance. It's working on my phone but not my computer

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Email Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.*** - however as I said I can't get to my mail so not sure it will be much help but I can try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No except I'm very frustrating - I own my own business and need to get to my mail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/28/2017
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Aol is currently having a widespread outage which is affecting many users. It should be fixed within the next couple of hours if not sooner. Just keep trying and it should be fixed soon. Engineers are working on it as we speak. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I don’t want to pay for this I already pay $40 a month for the connection. I need this to be fixed soon
As I said I’m not willing to pay any extra for services - this service should be free given all the issues I have with AOL. I have to find another service this is ridiculous I already pay $39.99 a month and still get terrible service