Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Why won;t my closed captioning work on my sharp aquos tv now…

Customer Question
Why won;t my closed...

Why won;t my closed captioning work on my sharp aquos tv now that I have satellite. I can't even get the menu with options under CC anymore

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Aquos?

5 years old, worked fine with cable

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Aquos? What happened right before this?

I switched from cable to directv satellite

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

All my other tvs work fine with satellite, and so was the Sharp till I got satellite 4 months ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/28/2017
Email technician: Louie, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Louie, Computer Support Specialist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...sharp aquos tv...directv satellite..." receiver.

Additionally, please describe how the DirecTV box is connected to the Sharp TV using what kind of cable(s).
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.