Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ years IT experience. A+, Net+, Security+ certified
72740154

My computer was stolen on October 14. I am trying to access

Customer Question

My computer was stolen on October 14. I am trying to access my account on my old computer. I am unable to open the account and do not know my password. This account was started many years ago. How can I recover the account?***@******.***
JA: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?
Customer: no
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I do not have a phone number attached to it. I don't know what the security questions I chose would be.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What would you like resolved today? Please be as detailed as possible so I can help you the best way possible. Thanks!

Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Is it just the gmail account you would like access to again?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only wish to access the gmail account with the address***@******.***
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Sure. Would you like me to fix this over this chat or connect to your machine to take a look at it? We'll have to go through several prompts which I will need to ask questions to help you get access back to this account

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't wish to pay $52. I wish to access that account. I have access to another email account. Access to this account would help with the police investigation. Can you help?
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Sure. I can definitely help, but it's important that we go step by step so as to avoid confusion

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Name the steps.
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Okay. Before I do, was the account stolen at some point or just the computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The laptop was stolen and now I am unable to access the account. I was shut out of it as I don't remember the password.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My new laptop was stolen. I have access to my old laptop. I used That account on both devices.
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Okay. What was the last password ***** remember using and I'll see if I can initiate the password *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't used a password ***** I have been able to click on the icon and the account opened. it could be eawco or owaces or some combination of these letters with a number attached to them.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I now have opened a new account but don't want to use it if I can retrieve the other one.
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Okay. One moment. Let me see if I can start with that

Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

What month and year was the***@******.*** created?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
8 years ago. too long ago for me to be certain. If I knew that I needed to record this I would know the answer.
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Okay. I'm following the prompts now to see if it can be unlocked

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

Do you have another e-mail account you can receive the verification code to?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have followed this route several times with no success. ***@******.***
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

I see. I do not believe there's any way to recover the account then. Anytime you set up an account going forward, if you enable Two-Factor Authentication, it will always give you an extra way to get access to your account and I would highly recommend that. Usually Phone and backup E-mail are best

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THank you.
Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!

Expert:  Sean S. replied 11 months ago.

If you'd like my assistance with anything else, I can help with that as well