Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My computer was stolen on October 14. I am trying to access…

Customer Question
My computer was stolen...

My computer was stolen on October 14. I am trying to access my account on my old computer. I am unable to open the account and do not know my password. This account was started many years ago. How can I recover the account?***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I do not have a phone number attached to it. I don't know what the security questions I chose would be.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
11/28/2017
Email technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What would you like resolved today? Please be as detailed as possible so I can help you the best way possible. Thanks!

Is it just the gmail account you would like access to again?

I only wish to access the gmail account with the address***@******.***

Sure. Would you like me to fix this over this chat or connect to your machine to take a look at it? We'll have to go through several prompts which I will need to ask questions to help you get access back to this account

I don't wish to pay $52. I wish to access that account. I have access to another email account. Access to this account would help with the police investigation. Can you help?

Sure. I can definitely help, but it's important that we go step by step so as to avoid confusion

Name the steps.

Okay. Before I do, was the account stolen at some point or just the computer?

The laptop was stolen and now I am unable to access the account. I was shut out of it as I don't remember the password.
My new laptop was stolen. I have access to my old laptop. I used That account on both devices.

Okay. What was the last password ***** remember using and I'll see if I can initiate the password *****

I haven't used a password ***** I have been able to click on the icon and the account opened. it could be eawco or owaces or some combination of these letters with a number attached to them.
I now have opened a new account but don't want to use it if I can retrieve the other one.

Okay. One moment. Let me see if I can start with that

What month and year was the***@******.*** created?

8 years ago. too long ago for me to be certain. If I knew that I needed to record this I would know the answer.

Okay. I'm following the prompts now to see if it can be unlocked

Thank you

Do you have another e-mail account you can receive the verification code to?

I have followed this route several times with no success. ***@******.***

I see. I do not believe there's any way to recover the account then. Anytime you set up an account going forward, if you enable Two-Factor Authentication, it will always give you an extra way to get access to your account and I would highly recommend that. Usually Phone and backup E-mail are best

THank you.

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!

If you'd like my assistance with anything else, I can help with that as well

Sean S.
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist