Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My computer was stolen on October 14. I am trying to access…

Customer Question
My computer was stolen...

My computer was stolen on October 14. I am trying to access my account on my old computer. I am unable to open the account and do not know my password. This account was started many years ago. How can I recover the account?***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I do not have a phone number attached to it. I don't know what the security questions I chose would be.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
11/27/2017
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 9 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

• You can use the self-service Google Account recovery feature from your computer to retrieve this information.

Please go to the following site:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

If you don't remember your ID, select “Find my account” and follow the prompts. It will ask for you to identify yourself as owner of the account in some way (such as phone number, alternative email, etc...).

Once you have the username you can return to the page and choose "I don't know my password". It will then guide you through the step required to reset it.