Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My problem is trying to send an automated email with a jpeg…

Customer Question
My problem is trying...

My problem is trying to send an automated email with a jpeg attachment without being at the machine. This is for my home system which is a 3 machine LAN. It is to be used with Motion software. I am running Ubuntu 16.04, and have been able to generate an email using Thunderbird's CLI command "compose" - BUT how does one issue a command from a script to actually send the email??

Technician's Assistant: How large is the JPEG file you're trying to attach?

Don't know exactly, but that can be controlled to an extent. Probably something like 3 megs.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to attach your JPEG file or send an email?

I don't know how to actually press the send button from a script.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
11/27/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hi this is Bing to help thins interesting question, please bear with me for a while in researching a solution for you. Thanks.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist