Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to change the primary email address on a google…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to change the primary email address on a google business account. It's currently my gmail address, but I want to change it to another address (not a gmail account). The verification request was sent to the email address to which I want to change the primary designation, but that person says she is unable to verify. It looks like I may have to verify it from my email address, but I can't seem to do that. How can I deal with this?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser (Chrome)

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried clicking on the Verify button from my gmail account, but it didn't work possibly because it was forwarded to me from the "change to" email address. It wasn't sent to my email address directly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not on my end. Is this the right place for a google business account question?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/27/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> The verification request was sent to the email address to which I want to change the primary designationPlease provide details in step by step telling how you do this? It is the key determine what you have done and want to do. Thanks.