Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How to reset my gmail password. To hotmail. Phone

Customer Question
How to reset my...

How to reset my gmail password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, to hotmail

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone 1-***-***-**** but it is my land line

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't remember when i set up the gmail, maybe 1-2 years ago i never use it because i forgot the password ***** away

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/27/2017
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

If you have not logged into your account in 1 to 2 years then I can tell you the account has been deleted due to inactivity.

What you would need to do in that case is create a new account. Would you like me to assist you in creating a new account?

No thanks but my iPad keeps bugging me to sign in and I cannot do it since I don't remember my password

Your iPad is bugging you to sign in to Gmail?

Are you talking about the mail app that's on your iPad?

My iPhone 6 is ok. Only iPad wants me to sign in and enter password ***** gmail account that you say now probably is discontinued

Yes, after some time Gmail deletes accounts for inactivity.

Give me just a few minutes and let me get some information for you. Please stand by.

If you would like to try to recover the account and reset the password, you can go to the following address:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

If the account is still in the system, it will attempt to verify your identity and get you back in.

If the action doesn't exist, then probably what you will need to do on your iPad is go into the mail app and remove the account. If you remove the account, then it will no longer prompt you for a password.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better to close out our chat session for now. Just click to rate.

Did you have any other questions on this?

If not, please remember to rate the answer 3 STARS or better at the top of the page to close out the question.