Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My website says I have been suspended and get in touch with…

Customer Question
My website says I...

My website says I have been suspended and get in touch with your hosting provider. Who would that be for www.happytimesforkids.com Go Daddy is this a hosting provider? This is very strange because I did nothing wrong that I am aware of.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No not that I am aware of.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

With who I really do not know I am not too familiar with the computer and my web technician has pasted away and do not know how to do a lot of computer work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No my email address is***@******.***

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
11/27/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a computer with Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10? or a Mac?
  2. When was the last time that you paid for your domain name (happytimesforkids.com) and your web hosting company? I am asking because you must have missed payment for your web hosting company thus the site is taken down.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I am using Vista do not know 7,8, or 10 and I am paid for the domain for at least 1 and half more years.

Thank you for writing back with information. Please give me a moment to type the detailed answer for this. I have a lot of things to explain to you so that you will understand how your website works and what are the overhead fees that you need to pay.

Is go daddy my web host I know they have the domain name?
Or is it Google do not know.

Please give me a moment, I am typing my answer to you now.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

You mentioned that you paid for your domain name, that is one thing. Since you already have a website, you are also paying for HOSTING of your website. This hosting is an account on a hosting provider where all your website files and data are stored. In the case of your website, it is hosted by Marc's hosting company. I believe Marc was the tech guy behind your website. So you must have been paying him to host your website.

Unfortunately, Marc's web hosting services have been suspended as well. Maybe because he missed payments for his server as well.

So when you try to access your website through your domain name, you are actually being redirected to Marc's hosting server. And since his hosting account is suspended too, your website, along with the other websites that Marc managed, are suspended as well. Think of it as an external hard drive. If you cannot access or open the hard drive, anything inside it will NOT be accessible

Now, for some details that I found, Marc's hosting services is suspended, here is the link:

http://sitestable.net

Your option now is to have your website and email hosted somewhere else and you can do that through GoDaddy. To answer your question, your site is hosted by Marc's hosting company in the link I gave you above. But I believe his server is GoDaddy too. but only HIM can access to that server.

Your option now is to get a hosting company and point your domain there there and then build your site there as well. I can assist you further on this one if you need more assistance.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Marc died and I thought this was straightened out and is in my name now so I should get in touch with go daddy right.

Let me explain further. What is in your name is ***** ***** name only. Yes, you can surely get back your domain name since your name is ***** ***** listed as the registrant.

Look at this screenshot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-218704e3

However, you cannot contact GoDaddy on behalf of Marc to get your website. But of course you can try, but I do not know if they will be able to help you considering that the hosting website that your website is using is owned by Marc and I am not sure if it is hosted by GoDaddy.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist