Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just brought an iphone and they are unable to transfer my…

Customer Question
Hi, I just brought...

Hi, I just brought an iphone and they are unable to transfer my pictures, messages and contacts from my old Samsung phone. They needed my gmail account. I don't use the gmail account, i used yahoo. When I signed up for the gmail account years ago, it will not accept the last password ***** I used. I have tried everything that I know to get into the account and can not. Would you please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't use apple id either. Not that I know of anyway. I am up in age and don't use these technical things often.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tried resetting through apples online account, and they send me a number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

After putting the number in, it says that they can not identify my owning the account.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/26/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I can help you today with resetting your Gmail password. Let me know if you are online so we can get started together.

I am online, please help
Give me just a moment. I am logging back in on my computer to help you
ok

I am online now.

I will provide the steps to reset the password ***** your gmail account. Some people run into issues while they are trying to reset the password ***** often opt for the secure remote assistance to help along the way. There is no requirement even if it pops up as a request on your screen, it's the site asking and not me. But if you choose to do it, it could help if you run into issues. My next response will be the steps for resetting the password.

ok. I will try to do it through your instructions.

Access this site: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Enter your email address that was used in your phone. Since Android phones work well with Google, you most likely had an account with them. If you don't know the email address, we'll need your Samsung phone to hunt it down.

Follow the steps on the recovery link. Answer all of them. You might have to skip the password ***** if it errors out saying invalid. If you get to the end and it lets you change the password, you have entered all the information. If it says it is being reviewed by Google, it is up to them to reset it based on the information you entered. If you get to the end and it says, "Unable to verify account at this time," that means you didn't enter correct information and we are unable to reset the password.

I will try this and get back to you.

Let me know if you run into any issues. If you are able to get it reset, then you should be able to unlock your phone and they should be able to carry over your photos at that point. We can also talk about uploading the photos to Google drive to download to your Iphone as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if we need to work on anything we've mentioned. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. If it gives any issue with rating, let me know if you are able to get this resolved by simply saying "thank you" or "this worked!"

I have pulled up the information on your TV. Are you near the TV now?

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to type that

I went through the instructions, and received the same response from trying to reset my password ***** This was what I wrote that I had tried in my original question.

I understand now. It mentioned "Apple" because the automatic system detected you talking about an apple product. If you are receiving that message, I have one last solution for you to try. Google doesn't have a call in phone number but they have a public support site. If you want, you can write on that site and ask them to look into the information you are putting in. I've found them to sometimes reset passwords because they see what you are entering in and it might be slightly different.

This is the last line of support to unlock the gmail account. They will have the developers on there to help you out to unlock it through the Google servers.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/Gmail

Thank you.

No problem!