Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cant access my gmail account. I forgot the password

Customer Question
Hi I cant access...

Hi I cant access my gmail account

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I forgot the password *****

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes when I do that it says it doesn't recognize my account I am currently trying to add to my new iphone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

It takes me to a circle of questions and codes and in the end it says it doesn't recognize my email account.. I m so confused

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/26/2017
Email technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Greetings!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today! One moment while I review the notes and we'll go from there. Thanks!

What device do you want to access your Gmail account on?

The notes also say you have request SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE. Is this correct. If so, there is an option on the screen to add this. Please click that option and I'll help get us connected so the problem can be resolved quicker

does this secure remote access cost more
can we try to fix the gmail first before I decide the remote access please

Yes, it's an additional service, only because it helps resolve the problem quicker usually. We can continue on this chat if you'd prefer not to go that route with the secure remote service

Sure. What is the device you're having the issue accessing your gmail account on?

I am trying to get onto another email accout gmail from my desktop
first then add to my new iphone

Sure. Okay, so when you try to log on to your gmail account from your desktop, what issues or error messages come up that are preventing you from doing so?

It says that the account can't be verified...the recovery that shows is the one I enter and it says its not correct

Okay, and is this after a long series of prompts and recovery e-mails (about 5 or 6 different steps)?

Okay. Do you have access to Gmail on any of your other devices at all right now? If not, when was the last time you did have access?

I had it only on a old phone but i have a new phone and im trying to add the account there
I had access yesterday

Okay, do you still have the old phone by any chance?

I have my cell number - and that is apparently attached to another account
So maybe a home number maybe?

Does it say what account the cell number is ***** to? Also, are you in the same geographical location (like city and state) as you were when you last accessed it?

im in the same local area
only difference is that i have a new phone.. I am currently in the same state of kentucky
It now says I’ve tried to many times so it’s locked :-( so i have to wait before i can try anything.. frustration

I can imagine it's very frustrating. There should still be options to get this fixed, but yeah, it will have to wait until the account unlocks again after the time expiration

Sean S.
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist