Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cancel my application with AVG back in October 2016 and I…

Customer Question
Hi I cancel my...

Hi I cancel my application with AVG back in October 2016 and I just want why I have been charged $114.99 on 26/11/2017 and I want that amount to be refunded as I spoke to Paypal and thay have cancelled my agreement to keep paying AVG

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

I spoke to them and they told me that they found that I still had an agreement for pay AVG and I told them to cancel as I did not know whether to communicate with them as I advised AVG of my cancellation.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

Because I did not know whether I had to contact them to have my agreement as I said I advised AVG and thoucht that they would contact Paypal ilo me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't want to be connected as I cancelled my connection last October 2016 and don't want a re connection but a refund

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Email technician: jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. You need to cancel AVG subscription.

When you purchase an AVG subscription (formally known as “Continuing Protection Service”), it will continue until it is canceled. You will be billed again 15 days prior to the start of the next subscription period. You will receive a notification email about the upcoming automatic extension 45 days prior to the start of the next subscription period. The automatic extension can be disabled up to 16 days prior to the start of the next subscription period.

Canceling your subscription will not refund your current AVG subscription, and you will be able to continue using AVG until your current subscription period expires. You will also be able to extend your subscription when you start receiving the expiration notifications, typically 45 days before expiration.

There are two ways to cancel the automatic extension:

• Using the cancellation link in the notification email you receive.
  • Using your AVG MyAccount to manage your orders and subscriptions.

I think you just ignored the Email you received from AVG and that's why this payment happened. Please follow any of the method mention here to cancel AVG subscription.

Regards

Jins