Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I seem to have "lost" some e-mails in Outlook. Is there a…

Customer Question
I seem to have "lost"...
I seem to have "lost" some e-mails in Outlook. Is there a way to recover them. BTW, they are not in the Trash folder.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Email technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you this evening? Are there any certain types of emails that have been misplaced? Have you checked the other folders (including Spam) in case they were inadvertently moved to there?

Already did that. I do not remember deleting these e-mails.

Who is the email provider?

gmail through Outlook

Have you attempted logging directly into the gmail account to see if the email is still available remotely?

Already did, to no avail
My November e-mails from someone disappeared.

And sorry to ask but I need to verify, but you already double checked the trash directly on Gmail's website also (as opposed to the trash in Outlook)?

Where is the trash in Gmail?

When you log into your gmail account (through www.gmail.com) you should see the folders on the left (such as Inbox, Spam, etc). Trash should be listed also.

This will be not through Outlook, but the email website itself.

OK, but what is the name of the folder?

On gmail it is usually called Junk.

I don't see that folder...

Which do you see?

I don't see any trash folder.

Do you see Inbox or any other folders?

I see lots of folders but not that one

Do you have more there than on Outlook? Please look through the folders to verify the missing emails weren't for some reason moved to one of the other folders.

I already did that, folder by folder

Near the top of Google there is a box where you can search your emails. Have you tried entering the persons name to see if they show up there?

They do but not the latest e-mails
The November 20 e-mails are just not there

Is it possible to have the person resend them? Are they only from one specific person that the emails have disappeared from?

I will opt out and see if someone else perhaps has an idea of a different way to attempt finding them. Another expert will be with you shortly!

OK, I will do that.
Email technician: hongkongpom, Other replied 7 months ago
hongkongpom

Hello to look in your gmail trash, you can type trash into the search box at the top and choose the trash label or if you click the more arrow in the left column at the bottom, trash or bin will become visible at the bottom of the expanded list of items.

That is your trash

It only goes back to November 23. I need to go back to November 20.

Gmail never deletes emails. What has happened is that your emails were manually deleted. Unfortunately, once emails are trashed they are permanently deleted after 30 days and this time limit cannot be changed or undone

How were my e-mails manually deleted? Also, it has not been 30 days, but 5 days.
Is anybody out there?
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

what you need to do is use this form to try to recovery the deleted emails.

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?visit_id=1-636474633832739629-3574093202&rd=1

Fill in the request and allow up to 72 hours to see if they can be returned to your account

Let me know how you go please

Thank you