Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to switch away from aol. At one time I had the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to switch away from aol. At one time I had the same name on Google mail. It is a***@******.*** Is this available?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All of them

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am writing for my wife. I am not sure what she has done. She did try to set up with that name but it says it was taken. Is it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else at this time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
11/26/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I have no problems checking into that email address for you. Give me just a moment.

Thank you for waiting. I checked with Google and halal00 is not available with gmail. It is in use.

Did you have any other questions for me?

Could my wife already have that address?

It is possible. We would need to see if we could reset it. I can give you the instructions to try and reset it.

OK, lets try that
Are you preparing instructions?

Access this link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Enter that email address and click next. It will ask you a series of questions. If you know them, don't skip them.

Go through all the questions. If it says, Google cannot verify your account, then you've not entered enough information correctly. If it says it is being reviewed by Google and a response will be sent within 3-5 days, then you've entered almost enough and they may reset it manually for you. If you get to the part to reset the password, you've entered enough information.

I wish it would show I was typing. Sorry it took a bit.

If you run into issues, we do offer a remote secure connection to share screens so I can see exactly what it is showing. It's not required but it has helped me troubleshoot other Google password *****

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

I wanted to touch base with you to see if you still needed help. Let me know as I want to help you with this.