Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I’m trying to connect to our wireless internet on my hp

Customer Question
I’m trying to connect...

I’m trying to connect to our wireless internet on my hp pavilion elite hpe137cb pc. It refers to a button to set. True? Where is it. Before I moved I could use my mini...in new house, new install works on my iPad. Here I sit next to my pavilion and it sees the service, says I’m connected but it doesn’t go online???

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates because I can’t get online. I’ve taken it to local shop...nothing wrong. They suggested I remove my Verizon software to see if it was confusing. I found NO programs named Verizon. Found one for MIFI and removed, found another for a generic beoadband and removed that. Reset computer, cleaned all files, fragments, fresh boot...still nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t have a clue why doesn’t work. Tech who installed our service sat right by it on his laptop, he got on, my hp couldn’t. He said might be the Internet portion of my motherboard...but shop tech said no...nothing wrong. /??

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/25/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Ever since we had a new independent router unit installed in this room, from our dsl service, because the original unit up in office was not strong enough signal out in this room. I’m sitting next to hp on my iPad and it works fine on it...so is not the install.
How could you connect remotely when I can’t get on internet on my hp?

You will need to connect it wired to allow me to torubleshoot the wireless.

I can’t do that. If I could connect with a wire, I wouldn’t have an issuer! Huge room, router way up high and far away.
Just tell me what to do, please.
Are you still there?
If you are unable to help me, please cancel my FREE 7 day trial and refund the required $5 deposit that was placed on my credit card. Thank you.

Hi

I am not available today so I am going to opt out for another expert to helpyou.

They will email you when they pick this up

Thanks

Kris

Don’t bother...it appeared on my side that you just disappeared yesterday and abandoned our conversation. I have cancelled my FREE-TRIAL membership, requested a refund of my required $5 deposit and notified my bank to refuse ANY charges from you. What a disappointing experience, certainly not as you advertise!