Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to find an old gmail account. I use Outlook all the…

Customer Question
I need to find...

I need to find an old gmail account. I use Outlook all the time but a relative in England's email address is no longer going through so my tech person said to have her write to me at my Gmail account.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my desk top. The only Gmail account I use is one connected with an organization I was just president of and I tagged onto the account there that was already in existence. Otherwise i use Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Originally I just hit Reply in answer to her email to me in Outlook. That has always worked, although I remember having a time in the past when my Reply did not go through to her. Her email is at btinternet.com. When the Reply didn't work I tried typing her address in correctly by hand and it still was undeliverable.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

In trying to solve this myself through a Google search, I went to a Gmail account recovery page and was told to come up with a new password, which I did. I then got an email saying the password ***** my Gmail account***@******.*** had been changed but that is my Outlook email! It's gotten very tangled.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
11/25/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hello, did you try below link to find out the Google account?https://accounts.google.com/signin/usernamerecovery?hl=en
THank you. I have written down the gmp4736 one to use. The***@******.*** is my Outlook email. How can I remove that as a Gmail account as well as***@******.***? I'd like to remove both.
No, thank you. I'll ask my tech person to do this.
Okay thanks for visiting JustAnswer.
I do no want this and will not pay $39.
I thought I was able to ask until I was satisfied. I do not want to have remote help that I have to pay for.

FYI - You don need to accept the remote assistance offer for $39 if you don't want to do it. Just ignore it and keep working not this page and you will not be charged anything extra.

> How can I remove that as a Gmail account as well as***@******.***? I'd like to remove both.

If you decide that you don't need your Gmail address anymore, you can remove it from your Google Account. Deleting your Gmail address won't delete your entire Google Account. See below the steps.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61177?hl=en