Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can bring up aol mail but the mail pieces will not open,

Customer Question
I can bring up...

I can bring up aol mail but the mail pieces will not open

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through chome

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have called aol and was told it was my browser

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
11/25/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

osx chrome box

Are you on Aol version 9 or higher?

This solution only applies to versions of AOL Desktop 9.0 and higher. To ensure that the mailbox filter is set to Everyone, please follow the instructions below:

1. Sign on to your AOL Desktop software.

2. On the AOL toolbar, click Read.

From the Show me mail from drop-down menu, select Everyone.

Also, you said you were using chrome for aol?

check the settings for chrome this way:

Open Google Chrome.

2. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (wrench icon) and click Options

Under Options, click Under the Hood.

To set your security settings to default:

a. Under Privacy, check the checkbox Enable phishing and malware protection.

Under HTTPS/SSL, check the checkbox Check for server certification revocation. Under Privacy, click Content settings….Click the recommended permission setting in the Cookies, Images, JavaScript, Plug-ins and Location. Under Pop-ups, select Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended).

https://help.aol.com/articles/restore-browser-security-settings-to-default-level-in-google-chrome

Close and open aol and try to read an email again.

Do you see any type of error when you try to click on mail?

Tell me the results when done.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Email technician: Jeffrey B,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B