Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to access my email (Hotmail) on my phone. This…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to access my email (Hotmail) on my phone. This is the account that enables me to download apps. Can I change the email account to access the apps?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, and I reset my password. However, it tells me to go to my Hotmail account to set up my Apple ID. But when I go to my email address it doesn't exist.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/25/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the email address that you need help with?

ok

The email address is***@******.***

I can see***@******.*** registered under an Apple ID.

Are you trying to reset the password ***** your email account or the Apple ID account?

I don't know, I went thru the security questions to reset my password ***** I did, then I was told to go to that webpage to follow instructions to set up my apple Id
I could not find it as they said the Hotmail account isn't the right account that it has changed to outlook

Which website did you go through the security questions on?

To be honest I don't know. This is my 1st smart phone and I had to set up multiple accounts (icloud, etc.) and I didn't know at the time that the Hotmail account controlled the apps on the phone. Don't get old Josh.

Ha!

In order to assist you, I will need to know if you are trying to reset your iCloud/Apple ID password ***** the actual email account.

If I use the icloud account will it allow me to open and download apps?
Josh, I believe I fixed the problem.

Great to hear!

Peace out

Enjoy the rest of your weekend