Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It keeps saying gmail is off line & i've tried everything I…

Customer Question
It keeps saying gmail...

It keeps saying gmail is off line & i've tried everything I can think of to fix it

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a mac & have a bigpond email acc & gmail mail acc and I use mac mail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
11/25/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Is "Gmail is off line" the exact wording you see on the screen or somewhere? Can I also know the device type, brand name, model number please?
If you could upload a screenshot showing the details of this issue, that would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks. Driving soon. Will update you in 2 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience.
No worries
Hello, I am online now. Thanks for your patience.Screenshots reviewed.Do you have three email accounts with your Mail app running on macOS Sierra? If yes, then:1. Your outgoing emails from the Bigpond account should be going through Bigpond's SMTPz server. The current error message shows authentication failed, which indicates your credential for SMTP server is incorrect.2. The Google's SMTP server is offline, indicating the server's host name or port number is *****
Please check your Bigpond's SMTP server settings. It should be as below.Outgoing server address: mail.bigpond.com
Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
Authentication: Yes
Encrypted connection: With SSL encryptionSource: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-email-set-up#bigpond
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant