Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My password on a new Windows box isn't working. Gmail.

Customer Question
My password ***** a...

My password ***** a new Windows box isn't working.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through Google on a ubuntu box.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Mess around with what I think is the password. Is it case sensitive?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only want something that works...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/25/2017
Email technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 8 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with this issue. I would like to know if there is any additional information. I would like to know of any error that appears when you try to access the email on the Ubuntu box.

gmail (*****@******.***) appears normal when I access it from Ubuntu.
I would really like for you to give me my password ***** per the original agreement. Work for you?
Surely you are not going to bill me $39 when I am still locked out of the Windows machine...
If you can go to my Windows box and fix it there for a total of $39 that would be OK. Do I need to fire up the machine? I can go to Amazon and get a USB key for a lot less but I'll go with you by choice...
Hello Mr. Hefner are we communicating here?

Thank you for answering. I am trying to understand the issue. When you access the email via Ubunutu - everything is fine. but when access from another machine - the gmail fails.

What is the password ***** the account and when was the last time your accessed the account.

Do you have a microsoft account?

I'm not sure that I communicated my problem correctly. My problem is the password ***** my new Windows computer. It worked fine with the password ***** have for several boot ups, now will not. I suppose I may have forgotten the password ***** don't know for certain of course.
What ever, the problem is not with gmail at all. I won't be back here until in the morning, have a good night. Jack Amsden

Can you please describe the issue and any troubleshooting.

I would like to try and understand the situation. So you are not able to log into your windows operating system.