Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My father-in-law passed away 2 years ago and we lost access…

Customer Question
My father-in-law passed away...

My father-in-law passed away 2 years ago and we lost access to his Hotmail email account and trying to figure out if we can re access it.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I'm working from my home computer and not the computer the email account would be on.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Have you tried to reset the account password?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Windows computer and have tried resetting password ***** time back without success because of the questions microsoft wants that we don't know answers to such as file folders in the account of subject of emails in account, etc.
Do not have the computer available right now or I would can we try later this weekend?
Is there going to be a response?

Please tell me the email address so that I can check its status and recovery options.

My family has decided to go a different direction, I'm sorry for the inconvience.