Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Need help to reset my email password please call

Customer Question
Need help to reset...

Need help to reset my email password ***** call(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number is ***** sons cell number and he is out of town.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/24/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Who is the email currently through?

Google

As you are going through the password ***** questions, are you able to enter anything else besides the phone number? What does it say when it gets to the end?

It tells me to enter my password ***** then it doesn’t match

I have been helping a few nice folks with their gmail password/account recovery especially here lately. I'm very familiar with the resetting of the password. What has been helpful is sharing the screens, so I can help get to the right steps. Google is tricky with their questioning. The "Secure Remote Connection" is what I am talking about. It's not required but would help speed up the password ***** if you choose.

If you don't want to opt for that, I can type up the instructions and any tips and see if we can work around it that way.

Are you still online to troubleshoot?

I don’t know what the secue connection is

It will allow me to share screens with you so I can see in real time when you attempt to change the password. It's an additional fee to do so but much easier to troubleshoot when I can see the error messages. The website may have tried to suggest or upsell it. I often tell people no need to do it but for Gmail password ***** it's easier to do. I'll send over the offer and if you don't want to do it, you can decline it and I'll type up the directions to have you try.

Forget it. I’ll just get my son to fix when he gets home. How do I cancel my subscription to this site

I will send this over to customer service. They can refund any deposit you have paid.

Thank you. Please send me a confirmation number
That this has been canceled

Sure one moment. That should not be a problem.