Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My old/read mail is nowhere to be found. Aol.

Customer Question
My old/read mail is...

My old/read mail is nowhere to be found

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aol.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Desktop...aol.com

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing...there was a folder inbetween new and sent mail yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I know aol is changing things... and am not used to some of the new looks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you using the new AOL Desktop Gold software? Or are you using a free email account in a web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I have an Imac at home, and the old mail is gone,...and I just got gold software at work....and the old mail is missing too.

Thank you for writing back with that information. If the emails were originally saved on the home computer, and not on the AOL server, then the emails could only be recoverable on that home computer.

Are you at work right now?

no,...I am at home on the imac.

Thank you. Where did you usually see the missing old emails on the Mac?

it had 3 folders,..new/read/and sent

Is it on the web browser that you are using to access your AOL? Or are you using the AOL Desktop software?

I am using the web browser. ...chrome.

Are you saying that before, on your Chrome, you were seeing those emails that are missing now? Please confirm.

a huge
folder of read emails.
I have to go to bed now,...I am so tired from the day... thanks, ***** *****'t know anything about your site.

Thank you for that confirmation. Please take your time. We can resume with this tomorrow when you are back and available.