Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My daughter set up my account and she can't remember the…

Customer Question
My daughter set up...

My daughter set up my account and she can't remember the name or password. she thinks the account is***@******.***. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No I can't sign it

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Maybe the security question

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I lost my phone and I am trying to get my contacts from old (lost) to new phone.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/23/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Did you have a Samsung 3?

And did you put in a backup of childhood best friend?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

The old phone was the new one is a Samsung galaxy prime. hp pavilion, windows 10. I don't normally use gmail, but to get old contacts off phone I have to use it. If I did use it I would just type in gmail.com and then login.
do I have to do that
can't u just tell me what I need to do

Then the name is ***** ***** correct.

Have you tried to reset online yet?

What browser did you use for gmail.com? Firefox, chrome, edge, etc?

Also, if you are seeing a remote offer, it is automated. Please disregard if not needed and reply back.

not sure of the browser. maybe edge???????

Ok.

In that same browser, have you tried to reset online yet with your best friends name?

then it asks for first and last name and I am not sure what was used.
daughter set it up and she can't remember.

Then you got to the long forms portion.

You may have it stored if you cannot get past those forms. If you did not put in current back up that you know,

the account wont be able to be recovered.

Lets try this to see if you have it saved.

Use this link below and follow it to see if you saved the password ***** can see it.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/find-hidden-saved-passwords-windows/

You will be looking for something like google.com with your email to the right of it.

no luck when we send an email to the above mentioned address it goes, does that matter

You could not find your password ***** the link directions i sent?

no but they maybe because I am not sure what to do?? but what I looked at I didn't see it.

Where there any links there at all under saved?

no
I don't use this account that may be why.

Ok, i am going to opt out and let another expert see if they have more suggestions.

Please standby.

thanks
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hello there, this is Bing to help.
I guess you have tried many times guessing the account name, but did you have tried the official way to find out the correct account name from below link?
https://accounts.google.com/signin/usernamerecovery?hl=en