Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot change my password. The email yahoo has for me to…

Customer Question
Hi I cannot change...

Hi I cannot change my password. The email yahoo has for me to send correspondence to is wrong so I can’t access it to change my password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure my phone is(###) ###-####but I have had yahoo account so long it could be under another number

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

I have automatic access on my cell phone so today. Just can’t log in from any other device

Ok, and when you now try to sign in, what is the error you receive?

My email comes up and when I hit change password ***** has wrong email to send to

Did you have this password ***** the past?

do you want an old password? ms4$tillie

And the old email address, was they also previously from you?

I don’t remember it
Are u there?
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

What is the email address that you need help with?

Do you have access to this account?

l**********@******.***

No

Unfortunately, the only recovery option on your account is the l**********@******.*** account.

What should I do? Is it lastocum04? I don’t remember that email address

You will need access to that account in order to change the password.

Wow I don’t have access to that account. There is no other way to change my password ***** update my information

No. The account owner is responsible for making sure their recovery options are up to date.

How can I update them

That is where the issue is -- You need your password ***** update them. The recovery options need to be kept current for this issue exactly.

I guess I need to abandon my yahoo email address as I don’t know this information. No one can help me??

No one can bypass the security feature by Yahoo.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
As two experts have helped you hence I guess most possible ways have been tried and failed. I just want to know a few things not mentioned above.1. As far as you remember, so far, what questions were asked by Yahoo during the password ***** process?2. How did you answer those questions? You don't need to tell me those answer. I need to know the accuracy. Did you answer something not 100% sure, or in other words, guessed?3. Is there any device, especially mobile device you used before, still having access to the Yahoo messages?
Thank you. I was able to reset my password
Great. All fixed now?
Cool! This time you better write down your password ***** it at a place safe yet easy to access, such as under your TV. Or you may change the password ***** something always seen by you but no one else could guess, such as your TV's model number or even serial number.
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant