Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot receive email messages but am able to send. From a…

I cannot receive email...

I cannot receive email messages but am able to send

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From a browser - I think

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

This just started today

11/23/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What email address are you having trouble with? Is it a Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo Mail? or others?
  3. What error message are you getting when receiving emails fails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
1) Mac.
2)***@******.***
3) Cannot connect to the account***@******.***

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, since you are using Mac, we can use Team Viewer.
Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac.aspx
In that page, please scroll the page and locate and download the tool labeled "TeamViewer QuickSupport".
After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
Best regards,
Jess

Jesse, I did the download but could not locate where to run it. Please provide a phone number I can call and have you walk me through it.
Thanks

Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. Please try to download again and see the download progress at the top right hand corner of your Safari browser. You can then click on it to open Downloads and then run the tool.

Jess, I could not get back to your sheet to give you the 9 digit Team Viewer code. Your sheet was gone and your system wanted me to start over by paying again. Also you sent me emails and that is the reason I contacted you - I cannot receive emails. I got this notice through gmail.com but still no emails on my desk top.
Can we try again?

Hi Roger,

Yes, please try again. Here are the steps to download and run the teamviewer remote tool:

====

Please click on this link:
Best regards,
Jess

Jess, The Team Viewer is a road block. There is NO RUN key to click on only a SAVE and nothing happened when clicking save. What might I be doing wrong?

Please check your DOWNLOADS folder. The teamviewer tool could have been downloaded many times on your computer.

Sorry, Where is the downloads folder?

I do not know where you store your downloads. Please try downloading anything from online and see where they are saved. Then it is also where the teamviewer tool could have been saved.

Here is a sample link where you can try downloading small files:

filesxpress.com

Jess The nine digit code is###-##-#### but the Team Viewer disappeared when I went to send you this information. I will bring it back onto my screen.

Yes please. And please tell me the password ***** as well.

There is no password ***** that screen

Please bring up that window again. It will show you a 9-digit ID and a password.

There is no password. Just a notation that your partner is ready to connect - NO PASSWORD

Oh. Please close team viewer and then open it again. It should show an ID and password.

Now I cannot find where to close team viewer

It is just a small window like any of your programs. Just close it like how you close other programs.

Jess, It appears I am hopeless. I have tried to download again but I get the same result. I need some direct guidance by phone,(###) ###-####
jess,
Are we through? I have gotten the downloads and not one of them shows a password.
Jess . Are you there

I am still here. You are not be able to see the password ***** the downloads. You need to RUN the teamviewer tool. And a small window will then open that will show both ID and password.

I thank you for your patience but I am telling you on that link there is no RUN only a save. Is there somewhere else that I should be clicking. I have followed your instructions and no RUN appears

yes, please save it and double click the saved file to run it

Okay Jess,
I'll start right from the top. I clicked on your link. I clicked on the highlighted BLUE DOWNLOAD TEAM VIEWER. I scrolled down to "TeamViewer Quick Support" I get a window to cancel or save. I save.I go to computer files locate the saved file, double click that file and I get a window "TeamViewer Host and I click open. I get a window with ID339 714 243 but there is no password. When I click OK the window disappears.

Please minimize all other program windows there on your Mac. The TeamViewer window could just be hidden at the back of other windows.

I can see that your TeamViewer is still running. But it is asking for password ***** me to connect.

The only window open is the communication link with you and the team viewer. I could see nothing hidden. I also went to the icon "about this Mac" and saw a saved team viewer file there so I opened it and got the same result. an ID but no password. For some reason something is missing to display RUN.
I just discovered that saving the file when I open it it wants me to download the TeamViewer software. That is not necessary for a quickSupport is it?
Jess ' I am fried over this so I will say good night and perhaps connect tomorrow if that's ok

Yes, we can try again tomorrow.