Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm trying to access my gmail It keeps defaulting to my old…

Customer Question
I'm trying to access...

I'm trying to access my gmail***@******.*** It keeps defaulting to my old obsolete account address:***@******.*** How do I get out of the loop and get to my new account. When I go to log in to gmail it's taking me to the old account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I'm presently traveling and trying to access my gmail. My home desk top has the account recognized on Thunderbird.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I can't get to my [email protected] account. My lap top automatically to***@******.*** If you aren't understanding this, can you call me by phone so I can explain it. This is very important for me to get my business correspondence.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
11/23/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

If you are always getting your old account when you access www.gmail.com to access your Gmail account, it means that you have NOT logged out from that account yet.

There are two options for you.

First, you can SIGN OUT (log out) from that OLD Gmail account so that you will see the SIGN IN screen. The SIGN OUT button is shown when you click on your Avatar or profile icon of your Gmail. If you have a profile picture on your Gmail, click on it, then click on Sign Out. If you do not have a profile picture, it could be the first letter of your name that is showing there. This is located at the top right hand corner of the Gmail window.

After you click on SIGN OUT, that is the time that you will see the SIGN IN screen.

There sign in using your NEW Gmail account to access it.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

OK that worked thank you.

You're welcome. I am glad I was able to help.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if you have time. (The rating system is shown at the top of our chat page.) Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

I don’t need anymore help. Problem is solved.

Yes, I understand that. Please rate my service to close this request/question. Positive rating (3-5 stars/smileys) is highly appreciated. The rating system is at the top of our JustAnswer chat page.

Thank you,

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist