Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to access my email account - I have tried 3

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to access my email account - I have tried 3 times to recover the account as when I try to login it says someone else maybe trying to use it. Each attempt has not verified my identity, despite having answered all the questions.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No - although my phone is logged in all the time - but not receiving emails to it no as it is blocked

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No phone number and I don't think any security questions - can't remember setting these.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have moved around a bit - have come from Thursday Island to southern NSW just in the last week, but have not received any ,ail since I left Thursday Island

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
11/22/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you using a web browser to access your emails? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?
  3. What is the problem email account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I am using a mac, and my android phone, using web browser I think
the problem account is***@******.***

Thank you for writing back with that information. Approximately when was the last time that you were able to access the email using your Safari on the Mac?

the last emails received on my mac were 9/11/17, on my phone 15/11

On your Mac, did you use Safari web browser? Or is it the Mac Mail, the one with the postage stamp icon on the dock?

the mac mail is the way I usually open it but have tried to open through safari also

Ok, you mentioned that that last email received was 9/11/17. So that is using Mac Mail, right?

Ok. Please give me a moment to check the account.

What was the last password ***** remember using?

WoollamiA1
this is definitely the correct password

Ok. Please give me a moment. I will be right back

Do you still have access to your recovery email ending in @uts.edu.au?

no not now I am using the gmail address I gave you.

I understand, but the only recovery email address on your email account is this @uts.edu.au and it is only where the verification code can be sent. When can you have access to this university email account?

I have tried the recovery process using my gmail account and have had verification codes sent to it which I have used. I have filled in the recovery questions 3 times now and they still say they do not have enough information to verify my identity so the account remains locked.

Unfortunately, your Gmail account is not originally the recovery email. You might have added it in the Recovery Form (after you selected that you cannot access the university account) and the CODE you got is not helping you recover the live account. It was just a verification that you can access the Gmail account so that you will receive the future feedback, but that DID NOT verify the problem account. That is why I asked if you have access to the university account.

I do not have access to the university account at all now.

Thank you for that confirmation. Your only option left now is to submit the recovery form in order to verify your ownership of the account considering that the password ***** ***** working. This is the only option left since you are no longer able to access the university account.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? In this way, I can help you fill out the recovery form to ensure that they are correct especially the subjects of the emails and the email addresses of the contacts you last contacted. We will need to use the information in the Mac Mail.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, since you are using Mac, we can use Team Viewer.
Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac.aspx
In that page, please scroll the page and locate and download the tool labeled "TeamViewer QuickSupport".
After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
Best regards,
Jess

it is saying I cannot use this version on my mac which is 10.7.5 - needs 10.8.5

Ok. Please go to teamviewer.com and then download the remote tool using green Download button. See if it will work. Then give me the ID and the password.

If it will not work, please tell me so that I can give you the link for older versions of the tool.

still does not work and I am needing to go do some other work now., so cannot continue with this session. Still no closer to getting my email account back so not sure what exactly to do.

Ok I understand your concerns. Please take your time, we can resume with this later when you are back. I will be online and available today for 8 to 10 hours.

I will give you a link for the older version of teamviewer that will work on your Mac.

Please just bookmark or add our chat page to your Favorites so that you can easily get back to me later to resume.

are you able to help now?

I am very sorry for the late reply. I am just starting my day. If you are available now and for the next 8 to 10 hours, I hope we can do the remote session.

Best regards,

Jess

are you available now to assist me?

I am available now.

Please download the older version of teamviewer that is compatible with your Mac in this link:

http://www.oldapps.com/mac/teamviewer.php

Then run it and give me the 9-digit ID and password.

unfortunately when I try to download it says it cannot connect to the server

Ok, there are several older versions there. Please try to download one.

no luck - all saying the same thing

Let me find a working download for you

Here is version 8:

http://tinyurl.com/nxbab8l

ID###-##-####p/w 5471

Connected.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist