Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have just run the new windows update, that has also

Customer Question
Hi i have just...

Hi i have just run the new windows update , that has also updated my samsung S7+ android phone. Now I am locked into an endless and very frustrating loop trying to get mu emails from Outlook and I'm really getting extremely frustrated!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

Since I updated yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

As I have already said, since yesterday when I updated windows and it also updated my phone software as well and changed the look of my phone almost completely

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that I can't get emails to my phone which is a big problem for me.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
11/21/2017
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you have the outlook app on your phone?

Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

What happens when you try to sign in into your outlook account on your phone?

That is where the problem lies and it won't go beyond the initial set up page where it asks for my email address and password ***** then it seys the server has been updated and can I please sign in with my password ***** and then it goes back to
the same page again and asks for my password *****!!!
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Alright, not to worry will try the best to fix this.

Could you please once uninstall the outlook on your phone and reinstall it.

Ok will do that now
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

That's great. I will wait.

done that and it's just the same loop again, when I try to log in
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Try to once change your password ***** your computer for your email account.

Why? I have only just changed the password ***** my email account through Microsoft
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Alright, just to make sure do you have outlook app on your computer?

Of course I do, I've had outlook since 2003!!!
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Can you please try to log out from outlook on your computer and try to login using your password.

Ok
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Thank you.

done that logged out as me and then started again.
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

The outlook on the computer works fine and logs you back in fine right?

Im receiving emails... but this stupid app on the phone is just going around and around and it's costing me now, cos I need to go out to an appointment and I need my email!!!!!
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Please wait, I understand the frustration.

I can't wait I have to go to my appointment.... so far 0% satisfaction with what looks like a ripoff help desk and all you want to do is charge me more ....not impressed so far .. you're going to have to work a lot harder for me than this.
Email technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

I'm sorry am not looking at your phone or your computer. We need time to understand what is happening on your device and what may be the possible cause for it.

However I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I am opting out of this question and let other experts to handle.

Thanks.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist