Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Have used for years, now it tells me my user name/password…

Customer Question
Have used for years...

Have used for years, now it tells me my user name/password ***** ***** changed nothing ,95% of contacts only know this address,where does this leave me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Tried numerous times in last two days,always wrong

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Thought it was Microsoft live?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not really a troubleshooter,as I said,haven't been able to receive/send mail for approx 1 week, checked username/ password ***** what I have in reminders, why would this happen if nothing was changed by me?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Hopefully this is enough because I have nothing else.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/21/2017
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know how do you access your email is it through phone, mac, tablet or web browser?

This is what I expected, all of the above,depending where I am. Why would this make a difference?
for 52$ more dollars we can fix it
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand your concern i will try my level best to fix your issue.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know if you have tried resetting the password ***** doing that what is the error message you are getting?

Wouldn't allow, is there a fix? Or is this back and forth with an "Expert" all until you tell me sorry or until I pay 52$ and an Expert from a third party answers?
If you can fix, fix, if not, let's not play tag, thanks
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please click on this link https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password-2624953 and follow the steps in order to reset your password ***** let me know if it works if it will not work i will opt out this case so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. Thank you.

All my systems are apple
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

We are trying to reset the password ***** browser so the procedure will be same for windows or mac.