Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Yahoo is blocking Scottrade from sending me e-mails

Customer Question
Yahoo is blocking Scottrade...

Yahoo is blocking Scottrade from sending me e-mails requiring me to vote for issues involving my stocks (*****@******.***). This is the message from Scottrade: Make sure his provider isn’t blocking is***@******.***. I would also advise having them whitelist***@******.*** and***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yahoo account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been about 2 weeks to a month. I don't know how to troubleshoot. Scottrade just started sending these notices through the mail about this problem. This has never been a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. This seems to be the only issue. Other e-mails are coming fine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/21/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. So your email is ending with @yahoo.com, and you are NOT getting emails from***@******.***?
  3. How do you access your Yahoo email? Is it using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess