Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received an email stating someone has attemted to access…

I received an email...

I received an email stating someone has attemted to access my facebook acc**t, and it was not me. In an attempt to reset my password, I find I do not rember my current password. Can you help me with this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last use the account?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

MSN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was on facebook yesterday or the day before. This morning I received the email, about 5 hours ago

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the email address on file with Facebook?

judygessner2msn.com
Correction***@******.***
Hello???

Yes, please allow more than a couple of minutes to help you with a reset.

I have sent an email to:***@******.***

There is a 6 digit code in the email from Facebook -- What is the code?

533904

What is your birthdate?

07/18/1945

I have changed your password *****: Justanswer1 (the J is capital)

Please try that password ***** sign in

I typed in as above...then enteredmy new password...clicked on next...a rotating circle has been in that box for 5 min

It sounds like your browser froze which is a different issue.

Close all browser windows and reopen

well, that worked...it opened my facebook page. now how do I update my password?

Click here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security

Click on Change password

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast