Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My gmail account will not accept my password nor allow me to…

My gmail account will...

My gmail account will not accept my password ***** allow me to send emails. it shows my account as offline. I have changed my password ***** google 4 times already and it still doesn't work. Can you assist?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started this afternoon. I've gone through all the help messages and i can

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Well my iPhone will receive and send emails so my account it not locked out accept for my MAC

11/20/2017
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please sign in your gmail email address at the website below:

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

, then there, turn on the option Allow less secure apps

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Ok i’ve Followed your instructions

Great, now, can you please see if your email password ***** ***** now?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

No won’t send emails shows as offline

Please quit your mail application, then re-open it, then does it ask for password *****?

Viet - Email Tech
Not working when I enter my password ***** shows in red Insble to verify account name or password

Thank you. Please click on the website below to connect remotely with me:

http://tinyurl.com/y8kr35x8
, then agree, then open / run the download file Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientBootstrap.jnlp and install it.

- Note: If it gives error, then click on the Apple logo menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Security & Privacy if available, then click on General tab at the top, then click on the lock icon at bottom left to unlock if needed, then click on Run anyway for the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect....
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Hit will not accept my password ***** unlock

Do you remember your computer's admin password?

What's your email app, such as Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?

Is your gmail email password ***** working fine at the gmail.com website (sign in / sign out and check)?

Don’t know admin password ***** is a personal computer, gmail.com didn’t ask for a password, but it will receive emails but won’t send them
Are u there?

Sorry, yes, I was checking and typing all of these:

1. When you are at the gmail.com website, click on the big letter icon (or the photo icon) at the upper right corner, then click on the option Sign out, then sign in your gmail at the gmail.com website, then it should ask for password, then see if your email password *****

2. What's your email app, such as Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?

that works app is mail I guess

Great. In your Mail app, click on the Mail menu at the top left, then click on Preferences, then click on Accounts tab near the top.

- Then there, click on your gmail email account on the left, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete / remove it for now.

- Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, (and if prompted, select the option Google), then enter your gmail email address information and sign in / continue and check.

Did all that and when I enter the email and password ***** says you are already signed into the account

Did you make sure to delete all your google / gmail account(s) in Mail > Preferences > Accounts first?

It does not give me the option to delete
Found it but I am not agreeable to deleting my acounts

In Mail > Preferences > Accounts, what's the error or message when selecting your google / gmail account, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left?

Well this isn’t working is it?

Please let me know the exact error or message, so I can continue to troubleshoot:

- In Mail > Preferences > Accounts, select your google / gmail account, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, then what is the error or message it shows?

No I think we’rre Finished here I’ll find another solution. In the meantime I will be putting a denial on my credit card for your charges.

I'm sorry. You just need to delete / re-add your gmail email account, and it should work.

- Can we continue another time when you are available?

Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Now all my messages have disappeared what did you do to my computer!?

Were you able to re-add your gmail account in Mail > Preferences > Accounts?

Is it still receiving new email messages?

I did and no I am not getting new emails nor can I send them and everything in my mail sysrem is now gone!
We are done

Don't worry, all your email messages should be at the gmail.com website.

Can you please shut down / restart the computer and check?

Also, if there is still any issue, I recommend the better email application called Mozilla Thunderbird, which you can download / install at the website below:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

- After installing it, then open the Thunderbird application, then select the option to use existing email account, then enter your gmail email account information and next / continue.

- Then click on Inbox on the left and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later on. Thank you for your patience.

Why did you charge my credit card $57.00? You never solved my problem and in fact made it worse.

We guarantee our service, so don't worry. I will continue to help you.

1. Do you still see all your email messages at the gmail.com website?

2. Are you still able to receive / send emails at the gmail.com website?

3. Click on the website below:

, there, download / install the Thunderbird software.

- Then click on Inbox on the left in Thunderbird, and check.

- Please use the Thunderbird application and see if emails work fine and better.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

No need to continue communicating. I will find someone tomorrow that will resolve my problem. I’be notified the credit card company not to pay and they will hold payment to your company.