Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I keep getting pop ups that say Your IMAP server wants to…

Customer Question
I keep getting pop...

I keep getting pop ups that say Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Please log in via your web browser: https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/7854(failure)

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

Yes, I've done that I believe.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have gmail, outlook and aol.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Actually, it's Outlook. It's been going on for it seems 4-5 days.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thanks!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Do you have 2nd Step Authentication Setup with your Gmail account?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I am not sure.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

This is not something I can figure out on my own? I need to think about it. I am unemployed so every amount I spend matters.

You may ignore the offer for remote service. I am offering to remotely connect at no extra charge. May I remotely connect?

I have an appointment and need to leave. Can I contact your company later today!

Yes, you may contact me later on this page.

Thank you.

You are most welcome. Thank you.