Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have several gmail account. All of them required

I have several gmail account...
I have several gmail account. All of them required re-entering password. I enter p/w, the system freezes up. It is MacBook Pro 2015
JA: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since Friday, 11/17
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it by now. Was not able to send or receive emails on macbook
11/20/2017
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Mail client on MacBook Pro

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Is this the only option?

There are many options. We don't have to use the remote option, if you don't want to use it. I offered it because more often than not, that is what people prefer.

Does the system only freeze when it asks for the password?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can surf internet using my Safari browser. Only Mail seized up on me. I can do my mail on my iPhone only

How long has this been a problem on the MacBook?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Since Nov17, Friday, 2017

How many accounts do you have setup in your Mail app?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
3 active. I try to deactivate the 4th one

Are you saying that you want to deactivate one of the accounts?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Eventually. I have done nothing about it. Since it was compromised in the past and started sending automatic blank responses to everyone, I stopped using it. I created a new one and when enough of my correspondents get used to it, I plan to delete that old one.

Do you have the problem with one of the three active accounts or with all of them?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
With all of them since Friday. All request p/w, and when I enter those pertinent p/w, the account seizes up

In that case, you may want to remove the faulting accounts and re-add them after the fact.

Do you want to do that and report back with the status of your problem?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can try that. How do I report back making sure it will be you and not a different person?

As long as you come back to this page, it will be me. I will be here standing by.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can't do it right away, I am at work. I will have to do it later. Thank you.

Thank you very much. I will be here all day.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Jason Jones, Computer Technician