Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Some of my emails are not reaching their recipients - often…

Customer Question
Hi, Some of my...

Hi, Some of my emails are not reaching their recipients - often I will send more than one email to the same address per day, then they some but do not receive all of them. These show under "sent" on our side. Occasionally we also have frustrated customers, claiming that they sent us an email on a particular day, but do not have it in the inbox. I have been told to look under "spam", but there is no such tag.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

How do I access the server to check for received emails that do not show in my inbox?

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I am on a desktop computer. We have a shortcut link

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I do not know where to start...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
11/20/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10? Or a Mac?

What email address are you using?

Windows 10
We are using***@******.***
Through Mozilla Thunderbird

Thank you for writing back with that information.

1. Is your email account (@xsinet.co.za) setup as POP or IMAP?
  2. Are the people who are NOT getting your emails always THE SAME people? For example, out of your 500 contacts, you have 3 people who are always complaining about not getting your emails?
1.POP
2. No, although it consistently happens to some people, there are a large number of people who do not receive my emails.

1. Are you getting any FDN or Failure Delivery Notification when people are NOT receiving your emails?

2. Are you sending ONE email message to a lot of people at ONCE (like 20 to 50 people or more)?

1. No, that is the frustrating part - we never know whether they have received it or not. only much later, when we get complaints for not respondng to a query etc.
2. No, it is usually a personalised email to a specific address. Sometimes it is an email being forwarded or a reply to an incoming email
I sometimes send the same email to 2 different addresses (cc) - one is received and the other is not...

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of Secure Remote Assistance so that I can directly help you in fixing your email issues while you watch on your screen.

For you to join me in the remote session, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the link below:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=987258d2-9367-4858-930f-66e8f680c9b7

2. On that page, click on the green I Agree button.

3. Download the remote access tool and save on your computer

4. Locate the downloaded file, double click on it to run it.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

How is it going?

Thank you for your patience. I was not at the office yesterday.
Will I have to pay extra for a remote session?
Karline
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago

Hi Karline,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, there is an extra fee for Secure Remote Assistance and I believe you already paid. Please let me know when are you available so that we can do the remote session.

Jess

I was not intending to spend a R1000 on this! Especially as we are no closer to solving the problem - there are not even any possible suggestions for a solution... But since I have ALREADY PAID (???), I am now online and available. I am in South Africa, so I am not sure how we re going to be able to co-ordinate on timing. How secure is this though?

Thank you for writing back with that information. In your case, Secure Remote Assistance is needed as your case is complex and the expert needs to actually see what is happening. Test should be made in order to conclude as to where the problem is coming from -- if it is from your email provider, or your recipient's email servers rejecting or blocking your emails.

Our tool is 100% secure since this is a legitimate tool for screen sharing. I can view your screen and can control your mouse. You must be watching to see everything that will be done and we can chat right there on your computer.

My time right now is 7:33PM and your last reply was shown at 4:59PM my time. This reply is now made after 2 hours and 32 minutes from your last reply.

If you are available now, we can do the remote session. I will wait for your reply so that I can give you the procedures for remote access.

Thank you,

Jess

Hi Jess,
Are you available now?
Karline

I am available now and for the next 12 hours.

Your message came through just before midnight in South Africa. Maybe it would make more sense to make a specific appointment, so I can try to be at my station.