Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Just got a new smart phone and trying to set up my email…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new smart phone and trying to set up my email account on it, can't remember the password ***** used when setting it up onmy desk top computer

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, just got the phone today from telstra

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I used the password ***** I believe is the correct one but it tells me it isn't

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
11/20/2017
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

What is your gmail email address?

If you would like instead, you can go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery then enter your email address or phone number associated with your account if your email doesn't work. Then from there, google will try and verify you with some questions. Answer them as best as possible. If you do not know the question, you can click the "try a different question" at the bottom of each question window.

Then when done, you can enter the new password ***** your phone and you should be good.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.