Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My outlook quit receiving mail as of Nov. 8th. My email is

My outlook quit receiving mail...
My outlook quit receiving mail as of Nov. 8th. My email is gmail. I get the gmail in my Google account but it does not come through to Outlook. I have checked all the gmail settings and then tried to get my Outlook to recognize it.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since November 8th
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: HP running Windows 10
JA: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's about 4 year old. I have tried every troubleshooting that Outlook offers. Checked gmail password, gmail settings, I even deleted Outlook email accounts and tried to set up a new account but it never seemed to be able to reach gmail
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/20/2017
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.

What version of outlook you are using for gmail email.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Outlook 16

did you check the email setting for gmail in outlook?

using Imapi or pop3 for google?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I checked the settings in Outlook. Used the imap and smtp settongs gmail told mme to use. Outlook never could make contact with gmail.

Log into your Gmail account on the web broswer and open the Settings page with gear icon. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and make sure IMAP is enabled and click on save changes. Open Outlook2013 and go to File tab

After that try outlook

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Therein lies the problem. Imap was already enabled. I even disabled and enabled again but the save changes does not allow me to save. I’ve bee through this sequence several times.

clear browser cache history and reset the browser and then try

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok it worked. I’m back in outlook. It says getting things ready. May take awhile

Good to know it worked.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
Thank you and come back if you need any further assistance.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Now it says choose account type. Choices are office 365 Which I have, outlook.com, google, pop, ima, or exchange
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The only part that worked so far is saving the gmail settings. Still trying to get outlook to contact gmail.

choose outlook 365 if you are not using outlook.com or windows 10 mail

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Office 365 did not work. Now trying outlook.com

okay

Moses C
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
OK. I quit. The Outlook must be corrupted. I’ll figure it out later. Thanks for trying. You get 5 stars for trying.
Moses C
Moses C
Moses C