Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a gmail account. I cancelled a comcast account in…

Customer Question
I have a gmail...

I have a gmail account. I cancelled a comcast account in 2015. I just bought a new phone and the old, cancelled email address shows up again.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Since we started with gmail it shows up periodically I have talked to Apple and Comcast and I am told it is a Google issue

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a Mac Book Pro and just hit mail and and I phone where I do that too

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Called Apple and Comcast!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not very technical so no.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

It looks like the old Comcast address might be set as one of the recovery options for your Gmail account itself. Are you having any issues with logging in to the Gmail account now?

I have closed out the other duplicate question you opened up; please be sure to reply back to me on this page below. Thanks,

What duplicate? No I can usually connect but today I sent a text and it came back as failure to deliver and it was to the old cancelled email address.

PS: Please ignore and close any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

Hmm, that's odd. Did you send a text message to a phone number or an email?

No I did not
Please just cancel this whole thing the constant requests for more information is making me nervous.
Please respond.

Will do.