Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I've been on the hamster wheel with gmail. I had a virus and…

Customer Question
I've been on the...

I've been on the hamster wheel with gmail. I had a virus and my tech support cleaned up my computer...and my gmail went away. I tried to sign on unsuccessfully and now my gmail defaults to a gmail address I have used in over 4 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

For about 4 days

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my laptop thru google

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The usual. enter my email, enter the password (I've tried a bunch -- they're all wrong] Got a six digit code to enter from my cell....when I'm able to change my password, I'm changing it on the email I never use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. how much more than $5.00 will this cost me?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Windows 10

What happens when you sign out the gmail email account you do not work, then sign in the gmail email account you want?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,