Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Want to transfer it from one Mac laptop to another. Mac Book…

Customer Question
Want to transfer it...

Want to transfer it from one Mac laptop to another

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Mac Book Pro High Serria

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aussie sip tag

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just bought a new Mac book pro and want to get all of my thunderbird email moved from my old Mac book to this new one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/18/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is Thunderbird already installed in the NEW Mac?
  2. What email addresses do you have in the OLD Thunderbird?
  3. Is the old Mac with the old Thunderbird still working?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Hi Jess,
My answers:
1. The new Mac has Thunderbird installed
2. My personel email (*****@******.***)
3. Yes it is still working
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

In your case, I need to access the 2 computers. The old Mac so that I can COPY the files needed on the new Mac. And second, the new Mac to make those old emails available.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Hi Jess,Thank you, ***** ***** do not want remote connection.Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing back and I respect your decision regarding remote access. But if you want to continue, please be patient as this will take a lot of time since you need to work on 2 computers. Please be sure to provide screen shots of your computer when needed so that I can see what you are up doing and so that I can assist you further.

First, please use the old Mac, open Thunderbird, then check the email accounts shown there. Then please tell me if your email accounts are added as POP or IMAP.