Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I setup my live.com account several years ago with a

Customer Question
I setup my live.com...

I setup my live.com account several years ago with a password ***** no longer remember. I no longer have the cell phone number or the email address available that you require to verify my ID, I want to have my live.com account setup on my smart phone, but can't. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Live.com

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Over a year, I don't know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, I just need my password ***** to reset it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What is your full email account so that I can check its status and recovery options?
  3. Do you have important information or data on that old live.com account that you want to retrieve?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I use windows***@******.***
I want to retrieve or reset my password ***** I can access the account on my smart phone.

Is your smartphone running on Android? Or is it a Windows phone?

Android
No thanks

Is your Android phone working just fine right now?

it works fine

Thank you. I am asking that because I want to know if your phone is stuck because of this email account. If what you are just trying to access is your email account, and you lost all security information, like the alternate email and the mobile phone linked to the account, it will be impossible to recover the account.

Recovery of your email account is only done through the "Forgot password" link or the so called reset process. And in the process, you will be passing through a verification that requires you access to the alternate email or the mobile phone on record. If these information are no longer available, unfortunately, there is no way to recover the account.

Your next best option then is to create a NEW email account and make sure to add your mobile phone or alternate email to keep the account safe and updated.

To create a new account with Microsoft (@outlook.com, @hotmail.com), here is the link:

https://signup.live.com/

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess