Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My kindle will not accept my email to register.

Customer Question
My kindle will not...

My kindle will not accept my email to register

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Mail.nctv.com

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Mail.nctv.com

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About a month or more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. My kindle was registered originally to [email protected]

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
11/17/2017
Email technician: GeekGal, Email Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Do you still have access to the Outlook email account? Do you have purchases made with that accoutn that you need to be able to access on your Kindle?

I don’t have access to***@******.*** no to purchases

I apologize for the delayed response. I work flex hours and was not online when you replied. Since you no longer have access to the original email and you don't need to access old purchases I recommend that you reset the Kindle to factory defaults and then set it up with a brand new Amazon account.

To reset it to factory defaults, please hold the power button for a full 40 seconds. I recommend that you use a timer. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

To set up your new account, please click on the link below:

http://amzn.to/2scgN5o

You'll need your new account email and password ***** you set up the Kindle after the reset. You'll also need to know the SSID (name) and password ***** your wifi network.

After you've reset the Kindle just follow the prompts on the Kindle screen and enter the requested information to get it set back up.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If I am not online when you respond, don't worry. I will check periodically and will get back in touch as soon as possible. I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved. Thank you for your patience.