Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I click on Outlook, it won't open. Literally nothing…

When I click on...

When I click on Outlook, it won't open. Literally nothing happens but I'm getting email on my phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

Since this morning. AOL says it's a microsoft issue. Microsoft made me open it's Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The problem started this morning. I've had 2 chats with Assist by AOL - which i pay for

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

11/17/2017
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Have you tried restarting the PC? I would presume that AOL help would suggest that, at least, if not Microsoft - but I have to ask.

What Windows version is on your computer, please? (Windows XP, 7, Vista, 8.1, 8, 10 ?)

And what 'year' of Outlook do you have, e.g. 2003, 2016, etc. ?

It's my laptop and Yes,I turned it off , waited and turned it back on. It's Outlook 2007. Windows 10. I was getting pop up messages from Microsoft about not carrying some type of medssage
Is this cost in additoion to the monthly charge? Do I pay if you can't fix the problem?
Sorry for the typos

OK, thanks for responding with information about the situation and your system please give me a moment....

(It should not be in addition to the monthly charge - you won't pay if I don't fix - but, I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

(If you wish I can stand by while you determine that issue with them...)

Go ahead. I'll deal with Customer support later

OK... good. Starting now - I must warn you, I may have to resume in the evening (c. 7 or 8 p.m. Eastern Time) since I only have a half hour window at present, at most.)

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Please click on this link, on the computer with the Outlook problem:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8741b7a1-091a-4eb4-b438-7564c2f96dff

and then on that page, click on the I AGREE to download and run the Elsinore remote control app. I will open a Chat window, or a Notepad window, the instant I am connected to your PC, on your PC's screen.

Good morning - I'm checking back, as to whether Outlook has been opening OK for you, as to whether it was an apparently temporary difficulty or not. I stand ready to do further work if there is still a problem with Outlook starting. Let me know, in Reply, and I will respond as needed.

Good morning
Outlook continues to work fine, thanks to you
Are you there?
I'm not sure whether you are there but, to reiterate It appears you fixed the problem and I am quite pleased. Thanks for your help and for checking back. I am signing off.

Good to have that cofirmed, and I am glad to have helped. No response is required, and thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.