Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Since I upgraded to Aol Gold I have a problem connecting a

Customer Question
3rd party divice to download...
Since I upgraded to Aol Gold I have a problem connecting a 3rd party divice to download emails. Can you tell me what the correct address is to the aol server now.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have called the mfgr of my Braille Device "Hims" My Device is a Braille Note taker... called BSU2. They asked me if the email server address has changed. Also my wife has noticed that sending her emails have slowed down. In addition I use a programmable keyboard and cant find the correct place to use to lanch aol using a short cut key.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: also I have been using the Pop3 server should I switch to the other server for my account?
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Email
11/17/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 30 days ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you able to access your AOL email using a regular computer?
  2. On third party device that you mentioned, what exactly is the error message that you are getting?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I can access my aol gold on my computer.2. I don’t gets. Errer msg. I just can’t download any emails. This changed this month. I have not downloaded any messages this week after returning from trip of 2 weeks.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So are you saying that, when you are using a web browser on your computer and access your AOL, you have a LOT of emails there. But on your phone, these NEW emails are not being downloaded?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I upgraded in September to aol gold. After solving a few problems all worked well. Then I went out of town from 10/28 to 11/15. Now I can’t upload my emails to my HIMS BSU2 unit.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I don’t know if the server address is different from aol maybe to aol gold?

I don't understand "uploading" in the scenario you are having. Are you referring to DOWNLOADING the emails from your AOL to your HIMS BSU2 unit?

Have you tried accessing your AOL on your computer using your web browser? Are there new emails there?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
downloading. No I have not tried to access all on web.

Ok, please try to access your AOL account using a computer and using a web browser. This is to test your AOL account and your password. Then tell me if there are NEW emails there that you are NOT able to get on your HIMS device.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I am going to have to try that with out having my computer on because my device contacts the server directly and remotely. I some times get my emails thru WIFI LOCATIONS in my hotels.

Ok, please give that a try as long as you are using a WEB BROWSER, NOT an email app or program. Please keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I will contact HIMS when they open in 6 hours. I will have them troubleshoot my problem. I thought maybe aol just used a different address of their server with the new address when they upgraded.I have tried connecting to aol on web address without problems on my computer.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks for your efforts. If HIMS has questions I will get back to you. Thank you

Can you please tell me the server settings that you have now on your device so that I can check if they are correct or not?

AOL did not change their basic email server settings so you should have no trouble accessing your emails using your email programs or apps. However, just recently, there were technical issues with AOL IMAP server and a lot of people are affected.

If your device is using IMAP to fetch emails, please check this link for the status of AOL IMAP:

http://www.websitedown.info/imap.aol.com

At this point, the monitoring site (the link above) is showing that AOL IMAP server is down and this will affect email access using the IMAP protocol like email apps. Until the IMAP services for AOL is not up and running, your stable access for your emails should be the web browser only.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist