Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't use an old email address and it won't come up the…

Customer Question
I can't use an...

I can't use an old email address and it won't come up the address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Both phone and Mac

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

It didn't come up when I tried to put it in the gmail bar

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

It also said the name was already taken but it was my address

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/16/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:

Solution #1:

1. Go to the website below on your computer:
    https://accounts.google.com/Logout
  2. (If needed, go to the gmail.com website again.)
  3. (If needed, click on the option Sign in first.)
  4. (Then click on the arrow icon next to the wrong gmail email address, only if shown.)
  5. Then select /enter your correct gmail email address (or add account).
  6. Then you should be able to sign in.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Solution #2:

1. Go to the gmail.com website on your computer.
    http://www.gmail.com
  2. There, click on the big letter icon (or the photo icon) at the upper right corner, then click on the option called Sign out.
  3. (If a wrong email address is showing, then click on the arrow icon next to it. Then select the option to use another account, or something similar.)
  4. Then you should be able to sign in your original gmail email address.

Solution #3:

- Shut down / restart your computer and check.

- If needed, go to the gmail.com website on your phone and see if you can sign in and use your gmail email on your phone.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.