Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am having problems with Google when they ask me to sign…

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems with Google when they ask me to sign in. Sometimes they accept my present password, and sometimes they do not, and then they want to send me some link to an OLD home telephone number, and there is no link for me to give them my NEW home telephone number, so what do I do now please to access my emails?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I cannot remember, but why are they rejecting it one minute and then accepting it the next?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is only just happening now and I am fed up with it all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to tell them of my new home phone number, but there is no way that I can do that.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/16/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

I do not do texting, so am unable to find the answer on my phone. I have Windows 8. I am really fed up and disappointed with Google messing me around like this!

Can you please see if you can sign in your gmail email at the gmail.com website now?

I have just managed to sign into Google using my original password, but how long will that last before they start rejecting it again?

I can help you changing / updating your phone number and other information on your google / gmail account now.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I am not prepared to fork out $52.00 for this problem, as I do not have to remain with Google. I keep on hearing sounds on my cell phone so presume several texts have been sent to me, but I have already explained that I do not know how to retrieve them as I am not familiar with texting, only making calls and receiving them. Thank you.

Unfortunately, like other free email providers, such as Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., Google / Gmail does not provide support at all. I'm an independent computer tech; I can fix this issue permanently for you. How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you.