Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I changed my number and I can not get access to the email. I…

Customer Question
I changed my number...

I changed my number and I can not get access to the email. I need to use it as a secondary email for my military one

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't get as far as it trying to txt me but my number has changed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than I really need access to this account, no

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
11/16/2017
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 5 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and that information is still valid.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service) I will use data that you will provide me. if data you provide is incorrect, recovery will not work.

it seems that you have already tried using Yahoo Sign-In Helper? https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username

Here is the note from Yahoo:

"When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address."

"To protect the security of your account, if you weren't successful with Yahoo Sign-in Helper or with the other options above, you likely won't be able to recover your account. If you remember your sign-in information later, you can come back and try again."

Link to above notes here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2051.html

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist