Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have Skype but when I try to use it I am asked for a code,

Customer Question
I have Skype but...

I have Skype but when I try to use it I am asked for a code, my email address and my phone number and I don't know what they mean by code. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Today is the first day that I have tried to use my Skype in 10 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

When I have tried to give them my email address they say it doesn't work. I used to have a Telus email but that was years ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/16/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Are you using a username OR an email address to access your Skype?
I have an Apple computer. I haven't used my Skype app for over a week. I believe that my user name is ***** ***** and last name. I have had the same email for several years

Thank you for writing back with that information.

So are you using your Apple computer right now to access your Skype and you are having trouble logging in to your account?

Can I remotely access your Mac so that I can directly assist you in fixing your Skype account issues while you watch on your screen?